Pages

Wednesday 26 September 2012

What's left?

So...I think I'm in with a shot of around 20 more species (given my normal birding habits and sites)
Black-necked Grebe - always possible at Radders and H-O CP, P F and W F Gooses at Radwell - almost annual.  Whooper too would not seem unlikely.  Hen Harrier and Short-eared Owl around Thurleigh - maybe a Marsh Harrier but running out of time - likewise Osprey.  Waders - might get a Little Stint, Ruff, Curlew Sand or Black-tailed Godwit on a lunchtime trip to Broom - but that isn't going well having missed out on finding the Pec (SCB and I went to GLE at lunch in the rain, just before Martin found it).  Woodcock - no problem in the winter woods.  Med Gull - might get one if I can find some gulls to look through.  Rock and Water Pipit are possible if I crank up the visits to Willington and Broom - wandering the edges of the lakes.  Waxwing, Woodlark, Ring Ouzel, Brambling - all possible if I do a bit of Viz migging (which I don't generally!) and assuming we get an influx.  Stonechat - unlucky not to find one but not always that easy. 

Plenty to look for and winter is about the best time for my sites - I'd swap all the above for an American Wigeon at Radwell mind you...

No comments:

Post a Comment