Pages

Saturday 2 February 2013

Another good Saturday morning

Another go through some brick pits this morning on the way up towards Priory for a look at the Fudge duck. A bit of deja vu at Chimney Corner south; last week's family party of Bewicks gone but this week a group of 12 adults in the middle of the water. Only new things from the pits for me were Lapwing, Great Blackback and a Green Sandpiper on a flooded bit of field.
Earlier I had been through some likely habitat in my wellies near the A507 and picked up a couple of nice Jack Snipes and a flyin then flyout male Mandarin at the same site before finally adding a male Shoveler to my SFYL at Flitwick STW further down the road.
A Barn Owl this evening north of Luton makes it seven for the day so not a bad haul but the best, the Bewicks Swan did not impact the list. I was almost temporarily disappointed at the point when I knew they weren't Whoopers ! Crazy thing this listing and numbers game...

1 comment:

  1. Having a monopoly on 'Tundra' Swans is just greedy!
    #luckyb***ard

    ReplyDelete