Pages

Friday 8 February 2013

More red stuff

I've been a bit slack on keeping this blog up to date with new stuff.  I've had one or two nice bits over the last couple of weeks to keep the SFYL ticking over.  Most recent has been the Mealy Redpolls at The Lodge - perhaps a little surprising given the dearth of Mealy records this winter, however the views at The Lodge are outstanding at the moment which makes picking through tricky Redpoll id easier.

Other stuff includes a bonus drake Scaup at Blunham one lunchtime.  Three Red-crested Pochards were at surprise at Broom GP the other weekend, and I also managed to jam a Brambling a few minutes later too.  Hopefully they won't be as scarce next winter.

May be now I'm coming to the end of my 'red' period?

1 comment:

  1. Blue period would be good to get out for me... weBS this weekend so maybe.

    ReplyDelete