Pages

Saturday 7 December 2013

Two top birds and back in the medals...

Running some errands this morning so not much time to get out and decided a trip down to East Hyde was in order to see for myself the results of the digger's visit to the scrape. Loads of birds around the scrape area included a flock of 16 redpoll, some of which sitting up nicely revealed a nice pale one with gleaming white wing bars and my first BedsSFYT since Stonechat on 20th October. With brownie points in the bag and a fine late afternoon in prospect, I negotiated a trip out with the idea of finding a SEO so headed for Sandy Smith NR thinking that would be as good as anywhere; my reward a male Hen Harrier, yep take that, beats a SEO, shame it did not hang around long. You did not think I would give up third place for long did you ?

No comments:

Post a Comment