Pages

Tuesday 12 May 2015

Blue is the colour

I'd just got out of the car at GLE when I casually noticed a "funny looking pale Buzzard" hovering over the water. It's amazing the level of complacency that sets in (for me anyway) after a load of fruitless visits. After realising what it really was I managed to get off a couple of shots but the bird was gone within a minute and I didn't have time to tweak the settings, so only ended up with a bit of a murky record shot.



It does have a blue colour ring on the left leg but as much as I've tried fiddling with the pictures can't make out any letters or numbers. Great to see in the evening sunshine all the same.

Jim

1 comment:

  1. Nice one Jim! ..........and thanks for the phone call. I ran upstairs, bins in hand and managed to twitch it to the east of Caldecote. It flew north being hotly pursued and mobbed by an Oystercatcher! Not a selfie, but a great year tick, so thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete