Pages

Tuesday 31 January 2012

January - SCB

After the mass dip of the Great White Ghost, I mean Egret at Broggy on 1st I ventured back there on 2nd only to find a Great Northern Diver. A quick zoom over to Stewartby Lake found the regular bird still there so this was new in. Three Jack Snipe at Derek Whites Eggs pit on 5th with RIB were nice.
Not a very quick start but bumbling around the pits and some local birding picked up around 80 species by the time I headed off on holiday to the Philippines on 13th. Undoubted highlight was a Siberian Chiffchaff I found at Meadow Lane near Bedford Sewage Works which was around for at least a week from 8th. On the same day I bumped in to the regular Wintering Water Pipit at 100 acre, and as this was the first time it had been seen this winter I guess I can claim it as a 'self-found'?

No comments:

Post a Comment