Pages

Sunday 28 April 2013

A bit slow

I'm struggling at the moment.  Doing plenty of odd bits of birding, but my heart doesn't really seem to be in it at the mo.  Perhaps this week my luck will change and a flood of rares will come my way?

On Friday evening, after work I headed up to Thurleigh to fill my boots with the apparent Wheatearfest which is happening this year.  Despite walking most of the way around the east end all I ended up with was six Wheatears and a Curlew.  I somehow seemed to be missing a zero off that Wheatear total.  Mildly disappointed I went to twitch RIBeye's Yanky Teal which Keith O had refound earlier in the evening at Meadow Lane.

With the stripey Teal under my belt I had a wander around the rest of the site.  I quickly picked up four more Wheatears bouncing around the rubble and then another smaller bird popped up on a stem next to them - Whinchat!  Bonus.  Other scrot included two White Wags, five Dunlin, and four Little Egrets.

That was as good as it got for me over the weekend - other things added were Hobby and Swift.  Come on waders...

No comments:

Post a Comment