Pages

Sunday 12 May 2013

Local Patch Ton

The first Swifts of the year over Poppy Hill Lakes brought up the 100 species for my Henlow Grange local patch (roughly the area west of the East Coast Main Line railway with the A507 to the south and Langford to the north). The hundred arrived some five months earlier than last year with some pleasant surprises along the way top of which must be the singing Wood Warbler that was present one morning although my favourite is the male Redstart, perched on a fence where I have been expecting to see one since we moved to Henlow (10-years ago now!).
 
My first local Cuckoo, calling from the back of Poppy Hill Lakes, added another to the patch total and does not leave many more regular species to find. I wonder what the rest of the year will turn up.

 

1 comment: