Pages

Friday 31 January 2014

Biblical birding

Steve laughed heartily when I told him this, and insisted that I post it here, when I jokingly mentioned that self-finding was first mentioned in The Bible. I assure you this was original, spontaneous and carries with it not a whiff of plagiarism (try Googling it if you don't believe me).

We have all heard the story of the Last Supper; Jesus and the Apostles at the Garden of Gethsemane etc. The Book of Matthew relates how one of the disciples - it may have been Judas Escariot, I know not - said to Jesus ''Lord, I fear I have lost my way, I have lost my faith - how can I re-find it?''

Actually, this is a load of old bollocks. What Judas actually said was ''JC, my man! I'm doing a Disputed Territories Self-found Year List and I'll be damned if I can find Palestinian Sunbird.''

Jesus replied ''Judas, my son...seek and ye shall find - on the road from Gethsemane to Calvary. And be careful what you wish for, it may well come to pass...''

D

No comments:

Post a Comment