Pages

Saturday 5 January 2013

Not a bad start...

At the end of day four, my total stands at 71, which is approximately 71 more than at this stage last year. Just working the local area - the Potton/ Sandy/ Biggleswade triangle - has allowed me to 'find' the majority of the commoner species. Highlights so far include four Ravens over West Sunderland Farm; a Brambling at an allotment near Potton and a shamelessly-tresspassed but tactically-astute found Woodcock.

I really like the challenges within challenges this year: waders, wildfowl, passerines...I may even have a shout on the latter. I'll just need to remain focussed and find a spring Wood Warbler, passage Black Redstart or better.

Good luck to all, and oh, Mr Grimsey - no six month head-start this year!

Right, off out now to do my BTO Winter Thrush Survey. Hope that my devotion to the conservation cause pays some personal dividends. ;-)

DOM

No comments:

Post a Comment